Accessibility on this website is guided by government standards and the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines WCAG are widely accepted as the international standard for accessibility on the web.
Adobe - Read Out Loud
Newer versions of Adobe Reader (version 7 and above) have inbuilt "read out loud" functionality. Portable Document Format (PDF) documents can be read out loud in three short steps:
- Open a PDF document and click on "View"
- Select "Read Out Loud"
- Activate Read Out Loud
Frequently used shortcuts include:
- Shift + Ctrl + Y: Activate Read Out Loud
- Shift + Ctrl + V: Read current page
- Shift + Ctrl + B: Read to end of document
- Shift + Ctrl + C: Pause / Resume reading
- Shift + Ctrl + E: Stop
Adjusting Text Size
- Internet Explorer: Go to "View" on the menu bar > Select text size / zoom
- Firefox: Go to "View" on the menu bar > Select text size / zoom. Alternatively, hold down the "Ctrl" button on your keyboard and press the plus (+) key to increase the text size. To reduce the latter hold down the "Ctrl" button and press the minus (-) key
- Please note that the above settings may differ depending on the browser version.
You may need to download the following readers/viewers to access different document formats on this site. These can be downloaded free from relevant external websites as indicated below: